Monday, August 18, 2008

Jedda Newton: Experience as a Pianist and Teacher

*Performed internationally at age 16 in China for 2 weeks with the group Young Pianists International
*Gina Bachauer Five Piano competitor in 1998
*Music degree in Piano Performance and Pedagogy
*Performed in many venues
*10 Years of Teaching Experience 



Teaching and Performance Background:
I studied at BYU’s School of Music and received my degree in Piano Performance and Pedagogy. I also received minors in Business Management and Folk Dance from BYU. I operated my own dance studio for 13 years and have taught piano lessons for 10 years. I have had a lot of experience teaching situations of many kinds. I love to encourage the success of my students at every level. Making music is a journey that can be enjoyed every step of the way.

I work hard to provide a well-rounded musical experience. My ultimate goal for my students is that they are able to learn new music without a teacher. By that, I mean that I teach my students how to learn music, not just how to play the piano. I nourish their desire to learn and enjoy music that lasts a lifetime, not just during the years of lessons.